Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Country Club Church

I’m currently watching a 30 minute interview/sermon and of course the reason I watched it because it was Aaron Gillespie talking. But in his message he talked about sub cultures in churches but he referred to them as a country club church. He’s talking about the $50 dollar country club that doesn’t have the best 18 hole course but the people there just love you for you you give Hi-fives (inappropriately) when you get there but in the end you just hang with your buddies and have a good time. Compared to the $500 dollar country club that has the greatest 18 hole course but before you can play there you have to meet standards and how you have to dress this way wear this hat wear these socks meet the vernacular intellect with the workers and people, he says your not going to go there….your going to go to the $50 dollar one because the people care about you and thats it, they don’t care about what you drove and stuff they just care about you. Thats the big problem is that we have turned Christianity into a country club. You want to meet with Jesus on a level where it’s your own terms. He also says earlier in the video that people do not want to come to church and see us they want God and thats it. As soon as you give up yourself and just let God be God and be there and run the show people will show up to your church because it is real. Its not big smoke mirrors light music while all those things can be used to help, you cant phase God out because he is the reason for being there in the first place. When asked how he gets close to God he said just jump…just jump into Jesus. You need to be transparent for it to work, he goes on to talk about relational. 
I don’t go to church to be a church person in the negative light. I go to church to worship God and thats it just because he is and will always be. So I really want to be a part of a family and not have to fit in. I have been very lucky to not have to fit in, the church I have been gong to has accepted me very well for who I am, but I know its not perfect and there is stuff that needs to change and God is moving in that church and things are starting to change…so I guess thats all I have. I will post the link for this video..its solid and powerful watch the whole 30 minutes.
Bye for now :D

P.S. Check out Jesus Culture...They are really good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment