I'm sitting here doing a powerpoint on and off for a presentation for Intro To YM tomorrow and listening to mewithoutYou like I have been all day while I've been in my room. But I really wasn't paying to terribly good of attention to the music playing but I noticed that January 1979 was playing and let me tell you a little secret...It's one of my favorite songs by them!! But a one little sentence stuck out to me as I was listening and doing my powerpoint and it was "If I Could Become Servant of All With No Lower Place to Fall." I have heard that lyric several times it probably wouldn't be a stretch to say over 200 times. But today it stuck out to me above all the other stuff in the song. I have really felt for the past month like I need to go and be a servant to people but I have no call to Missions work so its kind of confusing so I have just kind of buried this feeling down and moved on with school and my life. But that sentence brought it right back up. So I am sitting here trying to figure out why that is so relevant in my life right now. I feel as a person that is looking to major in Youth Ministry that I will have a level of servant hood that comes with the job description I mean I'm going to have to serve at a church and what not but I still feel like that is not the reason that it was pointed out to me. Aaron Weiss the man that wrote that song's Theology and beliefs about Jesus and Christianity blow my mind his thought process is just so different. But I feel like when he says that lyric "If I Could Become Servant of All With No Lower Place to Fall" he is looking at the bigger picture....I want to be apart of that bigger picture. Not only serving as a Youth Minister but serving as a Son to my parents and a brother to my sisters when I am home serving as a friend to Eli, Bama, and Grant....flippin Grant Bigby Holy Buckets thats going to be a tough one because I know he has been reaching out to things that aren't good and I feel like in trying to have everyones attention hes kind of pushing everybody away. I just would like to be helping whoever I can whenever I can. I'm not entirely sure by what this means or entails yet but I feel like I need to do it. Serve all selflessly without and praise for what I do. I'm excited for the future and all I can do is wait to see what God has in store for me in the future.
Bye.
No comments:
Post a Comment