Today was a good day. I woke up to go play in the Turkey Football League with a bunch of people from church and in times like that I really miss playing sports. I like being competitive, do some friendly trash talking, and exposing to everyone how EXTREMELY athletic I am.......not. I'm really not super unathletic but as for being a super sports player I show up on the EHHHHHHHH hes alright part of the athleticism scale. But what it came down to was we beat Davids team by a huge amount and had a lot of fun. I watched a documentary on NWA the rap group from the early 90's and as I was watching I just kept thinking to myself why did I think this stuff was so cool.. I mean I was listening to that garbage like two years ago and up until a few months ago I listned to Lil' Wayne and stuff like that and I recently deleted it all off of my iTunes because I feel like where I am at and where I'm going with my major that stuff cant come with me and in fact right now I'm listening to a Dr. Dre record from the early 2000's aaaaaaaannnnnnnd its not good. Its horrible and filthy and really does not have any talent in it at all. In fact I'm gonna turn it off right now. Hold on a second........................................................................................................................................................... Okay its turned off. But I mostly get on here to ramble about my life and as you can tell by reading the past paragraph its pretty uneventful. OHHHH Bedlam is this week WOOOOOOOOO I cant wait as far as my plans go right now I am gonna try to go to Stillwater Oklahoma and go hangout for the Saturday which would be pretty fun. OU always beats OSU and this year OSU has a good chance of winning so keep those fingers crossed that OSU does win. If they do win they get to go to the Big 12 Championship for the first time ever!!! Probably to play Nebraska....bummer. I just looked up at my T.V. thats muted and Undercover Brother is on YUCK!! Ummmmm I got to go to the Youth group on Wednesday at Miami Friends and they do this thing called Connect groups which is a bunch of small groups,we played duck duck goose and then David talked about a lesson and then we split up into the small groups to chat about what we thought that the message meant to us and to the people that it was first said to in the Bible. It was very interesting and I enjoyed it a lot, it made me really miss youth group and stuff. David was doing this series on the Seven parables Jesus talked about in Matthew and they were wrapping it up last Wednesday so I caught the last one of the series which was
Matthew 13: 47-50: The Parable of the Net
Its about how the Kingdom is like a net full of fish and when it is pulled up to the surface all the good fish will be separated from the bad fish it goes on to say that that's the way the end times will be the righteous will be separated from the wicked the righteous staying in Heaven and the wicked being cast into the blazing furnace where there will be weeping and the gnashing of teeth.
I don't know about you but I think that that's some heavy stuff. I really don't want to be tossed into a blazing furnace I'm not real big on weeping and I really don't know what gnashing is but it involves teeth and sounds like it would be very unpleasant. It means to grind or strike together (I looked it up :) )...that makes me cringe grinding your teeth together no thanks. So what we talked about was why did Jesus tell this to his Disciples and not to everyone like he did with the rest of the parables. I with the help of others in Davids small group kind of collectively had the same idea and that was because those 12 dudes were Jesus's bros and he knew that he was going to get crucified he wanted to tell them that you need to be righteous and not wicked and to set an example for all of the other people to look to after He was gone. Also I thought he told him that stuff because no one wants to go to Hell and that they needed to go out into the net and try to show as many people as they can the Love and Compassion Jesus has for them and to help them walk a path to righteousness and not wickedness. Also later on in Matthew 28 Jesus gives the Great Commission and says to go out and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
I walked away with the challenge that I need to talk to people about Jesus and thats really it. That may be uncomfortable and weird to talk to random people about a very personal subject like that but in the long run it will be well worth it.
Thats it
See You Later
No comments:
Post a Comment